Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 4 Challenge

A photo of myself 2 years ago.



Again, I'm not in many pictures, so my selection was very limited. I now realize that I'm going to start handing the camera to Jeff and tell him he's in charge of pictures for a few minutes. :) My kids are going to grow up and wonder if mommy was ever around for anything!

Okay, so here I am 2 years ago. I haven't changed all that much, just my hair (a little bit). But look at miss Ella Grace! :( Talk about changing...! Us 4 went to Barnes and Noble tonight and Ella got a kids steamer. She was walking around with it and reading books and Jeff and I just kept staring at her... and I wasn't about to say, AGAIN, "Can you believe this is our baby girl, Jeff?! She's getting too old too fast!" Because I say that to him at least 10 times a week and each time, he'll finish my sentence, raise his eyebrows and nod his head. So yes, he gets it. :) But tonight, it was him that said it. He said, "I can't believe she's not a little toddler anymore. She's a full on little girl!" And it's so true. I mean, she just turned 3, so technically that's a toddler. Right?? But, she's so tall and SO mature for her age, so we often times look at her and treat her like she's 6. I need to keep reminding myself....she's only THREE, Kristy! Okay.. I realize I'm totally going off subject and I'll just keep babbling. So, I'll stop.

BUT, I really must share a funny story that happened tonight. Because again, my blog is journal/scrapbook and my kids will have all these posts one day. So, while we were in Barnes and Noble, we were all reading books and sipping our coffees. Obviously, I should have been paying closer attention to my 3 year old daughter. Well, I knew she had a book and was sitting on the floor quietly, I just didn't know WHAT book she had. Since we were in the baby/kids section, she found one of those "What To Expect" books. And I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, that some little old lady was wanting to get by Ella (who was plopped down in the middle of an aisle with her book). So, I pulled my nose out of my book, looked over at Ella to tell her to scoot over and about spit all my coffee out everywhere. There she was. My 3 year old daughter. Plopped down in the middle of the floor, with her Starbucks steamer and the book wide open to a sketch of the male reproductive system. YUP! And I could feel the beads of sweat rolling off my forehead and I couldn't have grabbed that book fast enough. I don't know what was worse... that she was sitting there looking at it or that the lady saw her sitting there looking at it while I have my nose stuck in my own book?!! I quickly grabbed it, tried to (embarrassingly) laugh it off, Ella's asking me at the same time, "Mommy... that's a bottom...???" and the little old lady chuckles, points to her head and says, "Ohhh..... she's a smart one!" WHAT?! LOL!! I put both books down, grabbed my coffee, the stroller, Ella's hand and frantically was waiting for Jeff so we could get the heck out of there.

Yes, I think I will be winning that Mom of the Year Award.

3 comments:

Craig and Angela said...

That is such a funny story! And they do grow so fast it is really unbelievable! And why is it that time goes by so much faster when you have children!?

Lindz said...

Oh my gosh!! That is hilarious about Ella and the book!! She needs a brother now....so she doesn't have to look at stuff like that in a book!! LOL!! That sounded weird tho....like she should be looking at it in person instead of in a book! So funny! Ok, I'll just stop talking now!! :)

Lindz said...

Oh and by the way....you haven't changed a bit from that picture!!