Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 1 Challenge



A photo of myself and a description of how my day was.

Well, I am not the type of person to ask someone to snap a shot of me. Nor am I the type that take pictures of myself. Therefore, a picture of me and my husband will have to do. This picture was taken almost a year ago. The ones between then and now,which are slim pickin's, I have a prego belly or sunglasses on. Yes, I am NEVER in pictures.

My day started out around 7:40am when Abby woke up and we began our day. Her morning feeding took place, diaper change, dressed her for the day, got her settled in her bouncy seat. Then it was time for my cup of coffee and some raspberry, cream cheese frosting.... "cake." Okay, it really wasn't cake. But it shouldn't have been ate for breakfast. Then I got myself dressed and make-up on. Where's Ella while all this is going on, you ask? Yes, still asleep. Me and Abby had to go wake her up at 8:45. She's like a teenage girl. She even pulls the blanket over her head if she doesn't want to get up.

After Ella had breakfast, I got her dressed, did her hair, brushed her teeth. Abby did tummy time. Ella played with her dollhouse. I watched some Regis and Kelly. Then at 10:00am, it was time for Abby's morning nap. So, down she went. Then Ella and I cleaned both bathrooms, dusted the furniture, cleaned all the windows and Ella cleaned the baseboards. :) Thank you, Ella. Oh, and she asked. I didn't make her do it.

After the cleaning, then it was time to fold the laundry that was in the dryer and start a new load. Two kids really does ya in when it comes to laundry. I feel our hampers are NEVER empty! After the laundry was done, folded, hung up and put away, it was time to start on Ella's lunch. Cheese sandwich, slice cucumbers, almonds and mandarin oranges! Yum. After lunch, it's time for Abby to get up for her 12:00pm feeding. While I did that, Ella watched Sesame Street (DVR). After Abby was done eating, we had some time to go out in the backyard and run around a little before Ella went down for her nap. So, we all 3 got some fresh air. Abby in her bouncy seat, Ella running around and I put away the BBQ (since Jeff "forgot" to last week :)), I moved Ella's playhouse and wiped down her table. Oh and yelled at the neighbor's dog. A few hundred times.

1:00pm- time for Ella's nap. This means, wash hands, face and potty time. Oh and lots of persuading me that she's NOT tired and doesn't want to sleep (in a whiney kind of voice). Yeah yeah. Good night Ella. I need MY quiet time. Ella slept and Abby did some more tummy time and swing time while I ate my lunch. Then 2:00 rolled around and it was time for Abby's nap. Now THIS is when I take full advantage of my laptop, the remote control and my hidden candy (shhhhhh). So, I watched General Hospital and Oprah.

Abby wakes up for another feeding at 4:00 (actually, I have to wake her up). She eats, burps, diaper change, all while I watch one of my favorite people- Ellen Degeneres. I love laughing out loud during her shows. She cracks me up! Then Ella woke up around 4:15ish. More play time and me trying to figure out what's for dinner, since Jeff isn't home. So, while I made our tomato soup & grilled cheese sandwiches, Abby fussed in her bouncy seat because she REALLY loves to be held WHILE I'm making dinner. It's like she hears the pots and pans and immediately starts to fuss. Isn't that how it always works? Just like when they're a couple weeks old and as soon as you sit down to eat your dinner, they cry. Anyway, when Abby fusses and I leave her (b/c there's not much I can do unless I want to carry her in a sling every evening), this makes Ella compete with Abby on who-can-be-the-loudest. This is about the time I either want to SNAP or just walk out the front door, lock it behind me and go on a LONG walk. Yes, with the kids in the house. No, I'm kidding. Kinda. So, meanwhile, Ella is imitating Abby and I'm about to lose it and toss a grilled cheese sandwich across the room. But, I don't. I remain somewhat calm and ask Ella to STOP. Okay, so we all ate dinner together (obviously Abby didn't eat) and then it was time for baths. And this I mean, TWO separate baths! UGH! Because Abby is still in her little mesh seat thingy and I just don't want more chaos with Ella in there at the same time. SO, Abby's bath first! Bathed, lotioned, jammied and smelling OH-SO-FRESH! And good night Abby. Time for her evening "cat nap." And back in the bathroom I went to give Ella's bath. Bathed, lotioned, hair brushed, teeth brushed and jammies on. We cleaned up the toys and I vacuumed. Ella got to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before bed and I did the dishes.

7:15, Abby woke up from her catnap and I warmed a bottle for her. Then Abby and I tucked Ella into bed, said our prayers and gave kisses and hugs. 7:30, Abby gets her last feeding before she goes to bed. This took about 30 minutes and in between was a messy, poopy diaper and another set of jammies. Typical. I put Abby down for the night at 8:30, threw some clothes into the dryer and now I'm sitting down to finish this post. :) It's 9:10pm and I'm usually watching Modern Family right now. I'm recording it so that I could finish this and then go take a shower, come back out, have my bowl of mint-n-chip ice cream and watch Modern Family. I can't wait! So, off I go.

I probably lost half of you after the first paragraph. If not, I apologize for wasting 5 minutes of your life.

2 comments:

Craig and Angela said...

Oh the life of a Mom! You made me exhausted reading this! Ok, now I am off to watch Modern Fam!

Lindz said...

First of all, I am so jealous that your day starts at 7:40 am! No fair!! And tell Ella to teach my kids how to sleep in....I am seriously so jealous! You had a productive day! Ella eats such a healthy lunch....my kids always just want PB&J!! Oh and I am cracking up about the hidden candy!! That is so funny....I totally do the same thing!! LOL! ANd love that you ended your night with Modern Family and Mint N Chip ice cream!! :)