Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gratitude Day #2

Today I am grateful for a very good friend of mine that just happens to be my neighbor that lives across the street from us. She is such a good friend who has THE biggest heart. She's thoughtful. Caring. Loving. Understanding. Honest. And funny. Very, very funny. I am grateful for our silly late night conversations. I am grateful for our "driveway nights" and having her carry me to my bed. :) I am grateful for the dinner she (they) brought us when Ella was born. I am grateful for the potato salad she made just for ME and MY 4th of July party (and she wasn't even there to eat it. She just made it for me because I said I was a bit overwhelmed). I am grateful for the night she came over with 2 bottles of wine and we ended up chatting in my kitchen until 12:00am. I am grateful for the medicine she brought over for me when I cut my lip. I am grateful for the Pedialyte she brought over for Ella when Ella had H1N1 and we were in quarantine. :) I am grateful for her being here for me when I had a "Missing Person's Report" out for my husband. She came and helped calm me down and when Jeff pulled up in the driveway, she helped remind me that I could easily get arrested for domestic dispute, so to stay VERY calm. :) I am grateful for all the times she reminds me that I am a good mommy and she loves hearing my motherly advice. I am grateful for each and every time she has been there for me during a "photography meltdown." Whether it be my laptop crashing, AGAIN, or the disk burner all of a sudden dying on me. She's always one step ahead and offering her external disk burner or sending me specials of my dream laptop. I am grateful that when she has extra tofu, she brings it to my house (Ella is a tofu connoissuer). I am grateful for the times she reminds me to keep my chin up. For the times she reminds me to be positive. For the times she leaves me ROTFLMAO (that's her saying. Rolling on the floor laughing my a** off). :) For the times she reminds me that in a year from now, it all won't matter. For the times she reminds me to keep on praying. I am grateful for her.

2 comments:

Craig and Angela said...

Wow what a great neighbor you have! I wish I had neighbors like that! Our neighbors suck. :(

Lindz said...

That is so important to have great neighbors....we had some great ones in Utah, but ours suck now too!! So cherish her...you are lucky! =)