Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Gratitude Day #1
Okay, so I got this WONDERFUL idea from a friend. Each day in November (yes, I'm very late, but better late than never, right?) write something that you're grateful for. Once I saw and read hers, it started making me think of all the little things I'm so thankful/grateful for. And I love the idea. It helps us take a step back from this crazy and busy life and reflect on the little things. And, I love the little things. :) So, I said I was going to try this like 2 weeks ago or so and .... I never got around to it. BUT, I'm starting today! Why? Because I just got on the topic with a friend that made me take a few steps back and smile....
Today I am grateful that between the smiles, the giggles, the belly laughs.... there are frowns, tears, tantrums, screams and cries. Yes, I am grateful for Ella's tantrums, which aren't really considered "tantrums" yet. I like to refer to them as "mini-fits." She has yet to master the full blown tantrum where she throws herself on the ground and kicks and screams. (I know, I totally just jinxed it. Great.). Why am I thankful for her mini-fits? Because I am here and I get to watch them with my own eyes, hear them with my own ears and feel that heart-pounding embarrassment in my chest. I get to experience it with my daughter. And why am I grateful for this? Because I know there are thousands and thousands of mommies around this world that would do anything to be able to see their child throw a tantrum/mini-fit and cry at the top of their lungs. It breaks my heart to think that when we are often angry, embarrassed, mad and upset that our children misbehave, there is another mommy that would give anything to have just one more day with her child to witness that for themselves. Not that Ella has tantrums very often, but yes... there are days I would like to pull out my hair and crack open that bottle of wine. But almost every time I feel that way, I ALWAYS think of the Ladera Ranch mommy that lost all three of her little babies and how she would do anything to witness their tantrums. So yes, I am grateful for mini-fits. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love that you are doing this!! =) And what a GREAT post....I've been thinking about those 2 families that have had such tragic losses all day!! Can't get it out of my mind, so I better blog about it like you did! Thanks for making me remember we should be happy just to be here to enjoy our kids every day!! =)
Oh my gosh that just gave me the chills...Have you read Handle With Care by the author that wrote My Sister's Keeper? I couldn't stop thinking about it after I read it and it made me so grateful for every moment with my girls. And at least she doesn't have tantrums yet! Delaney is already a pro at those!
Good job you are doing this! I was like you thought I was too late! So good for you for still doing it! Puts things into perspective huh? Cherish every moment even the bad ones!
Post a Comment