Today I am grateful for Christmas music. :) It's probably the only music that truly gives me butterflies! And if I am down in the dumps about whatever, it is probably the only music that can get me grinning ear to ear again. Some songs (mostly The Carpenters and John Denver) really remind me and take me back to my childhood. And I love how vivid all my memories are.... whether it be the Christmas I sat SO patiently in church on Christmas Eve wondering if THIS will be the year I get my Dalmatian from Santa Claus. Or whether it be the year I got my first Cabbage Patch Kid. Or the year that my mom and I created a new holiday drink while we were decorating the Christmas tree and we sat on her staircase for hours and just chatted the night away! Without ever putting up an ornament!
I love that Christmas music brings a warm and cozy feeling to almost everyone! I'm not sure if it brings that warm and fuzzy feeling to my husband when I turn on Christmas music in October though. ;) But it sure does to me! If I had it my way, I'd listen to Christmas music year-round!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I would love to listen to Christmas music year around also....it's the one time I can leave the radio on one station and love every song!! =)
Post a Comment