Monday, September 27, 2010

Keep'n Cool

Last weekend us 3 headed to Downtown Brea for some dinner, Color Me Mine and just walkin' around. Ella loves arts and crafts just like her mommy. :) And I thought it would be fun to take her to Color Me Mine to pick something out to paint. Of course, she picked out Snow White.

I obviously didn't know what Snow White's dress looks like, just the colors. :) So, everything is in the wrong place. Oops! She did SUCH a good job though! For a 2.5 year old, she was SO careful and did awesome!

(Yes, I helped finish up the cape. I know, I know... but she wanted me to!) Here she is painting Snow White's hair. Look how good she's doing! And that's even using her right hand! Her left hand got some paint on it and she acted as if it were broken after that, until we washed it. :)

And being SO careful painting her apple red!


The finished, creepy, Snow White! This figurine was way too detailed. I was hoping Ella would have picked out the puppy or the kitty, which were so simple to paint however she wanted to!



Daddy & Ella. Love this picture!




Lots of kids were playing in this fountain and since it was about 85 degrees out, we decided to let Ella join in on the fun. Yes, in her dress. :)

She was having so much fun just running through side to side until her and another little boy crashed into each other and Ella landed flat on her tummy. In a puddle of water. Lots of water. And all the fountains were pouring on her head. It was so sad. :( But, a tad bit funny. ;)
She was SOAKING wet, but having SO much fun!
And no, we didn't have a set of extra clothes or undies. Oops! So, straight home we went after this. Thank goodness I had an extra pair of undies in the car for the drive home!



2 comments:

Lindz said...

What a fun idea to take Ella to Color Me Mine!! I wouldn't even think to take my kids there cuz I didn't think they could handle something like that!! But Ella did SO good!! And my kids love to paint, so maybe I will have to try it! What a fun family night you had!!

Craig and Angela said...

That is a good snow white, for her age! I am impressed! Those fountains...that is so cool you let her do that! My Mom ALWAYS shops at Ann Taylor right there and I am ALWAYS trying to keep my kids out of the fountains when we are there with her!