Friday, October 1, 2010

The Funny Things She Says...


Okay, so I need to be better at jotting down the hilarious things Ella says so that I can remember them someday. I do plan on printing my blog out someday or scrapbooking about it all. Which... I REALLY need to stay on top of!
There's never a dull moment with Ella Grace. She is BEYOND sweet. I know I probably make most of you sick by repeating that again and again. I apologize. But honestly, she's such a sweet girl. Sometimes so sweet that it kills me! But I'm not going to sugar-coat anything, there's definitely moments where sometimes I think I could chip a front tooth because I'm biting down SO hard because of her whiney voices or tantrums. I really can't stand whining. And I try to do my best to stay calm and remind her, "I'm sorry Ella... I can't understand you when you talk in that voice." Yes...isn't that how we're supposed to respond? It says that in my toddler manual. ? :)

So, while I'm on the topic of whining and tantrums, I might as well start off with her funny things she says when she's upset/mad. The other day she really wanted to go outside to play after her bath time and right before bed. I had to explain that it was night time and quiet time and she could go outside the next day. Well, she was NOT happy with my answer. Her response: "I am NOT happy! You are NOT my best friend! I CAN go outside when I'm two years old! It is ridiculous!" Ummmmmmmmmm.............are you seriously only 2 1/2?? Yes, this resulted in a time out. But I was laughing inside. :)
She was at my parents a couple months ago and my mom took her on a walk up the street. There was a cat on someone's porch and Ella was saying, "Kitty.... come here. Come down here kitty cat. KITTY! COME HERE! RIGHT NOW! 1..........2.....................3........!" Not that that's very funny, but ya know.. me being the mommy thinks it was pretty funny. Hmmm... wonder where she learned that phrase from... ?
Last week my sister (aka- "Auntie) babysat Ella one morning while I had a photo session. My sister took her to run some errands with her and when they were driving, Lindsay's steering wheel was making some squeeky noises (oh Bertha...) when she turned. Ella said, "Auntie, what's that noise?" And Auntie explained, "My steering wheel makes that noise when I turn left." And Ella responds with, "Your car is old. You need to go to the store to buy a new one."

A couple weeks ago while we were eating dinner, Jeff and I were asking Ella what she was going to be when she grew up. I'm not sure she quite understood. We tried explaining how some people are teachers, some doctors, some dentists, some firefighters and some photographers. :) Ella didn't have an answer. About a week later when Jeff was working at the station, it was just Ella and I eating dinner and Ella said, "Mommy.... when I grow up, I gonna be Snow White." How sweet. Reminds me of how my mom told me that when I was 2 I told her, "Mama, you know how Lindsay wants to be a doctor (with a New York accent) when she gets older? Well, I wanna be Big Bird." :)
The other evening we watched our neighbor's little boy for a couple hours. It was evening time and bath time, so I decided I'd give him and Ella a bath together. Well, they were both naked babies and I plopped them in the tub. Ella refused to sit down. She was acting very weird and had her arms up by her neck and just stared...... :) I didn't want to make it a big deal, so I tried to ignore it all and told her to sit down so she didn't slip and fall. She kept telling me, "Noooooooooo mommy..." And continued to stare. (lol). Finally, I took her arms and tried to make her sit on her bottom. She screamed and said, "NO MOMMY!!! HE'S POOPING!!!!" And no, he wasn't pooping. :) Again, I was holding in laughter. I had to then explain that boys have different private parts than girls. And she sat down, but still wasn't too sure of it throughout the entire bath time. I should have used bubbles for that bath time. :)

2 comments:

Lindz said...

LOL!!! I am TOTALLY cracking up right now about the little boy "pooping"!! That is so funny....wait until Ella has a brother and has to see that little "poopy turd" all the time!! :) ANd the time she told you "it is ridiculous"...she is a cute cute girl!!

Craig and Angela said...

Love the stories! I just love this age when they are talking so much and saying the funniest things! I bought a journal to write the things James says and I am SO bad at doing it!