She's up at crawling. And climbing. On everything. Anywhere. Today, within a matter of 10 minutes, she bonked her forehead a total of 4 times. And cried it out for a good 45 seconds. Scary. I'm not used to this. I'm used to a baby that wouldn't dare climb up a barstool because if she happened to slip a tad, the whole world would crumble around her. And I had to comfort her and listen to that cry for a good hour. No, make that, a week.
Here she was her first "official," day of crawling for the first time (august 24th)
I didn't have to "child-proof," the house with Ella. Actually, I refused. I just always thought my children needed to learn and behave at our house just as they would at any other person's house. And, I don't expect people to stick in electrical outlet covers when we come over. Or child-lock cabinets. So, I always taught Ella it was a "no-no." And, she ALWAYS listened. Such an angel.
Abby? Hmmm. So far, she's gone for the electrical outlets and I've made my, "Ahh ahh ahh!!" noise. She stopped. Looked at me. Laughed. Went for it again. So, again, "Ahhh ahhh ahh!!" She stopped. Looked at me. Laughed. Tried it again. Now I just have to completely remove her from the situation and redirect. Why? Oh...just so she can crawl back and try it a third time. Third time's a charm, right?
So, I'm kinda thinkin' those little child-proof things might come in handy.... ;)








2 comments:
Yay for Abby! Now it gets harder for Mom! I was the same way about child proofing when I had James, because with Brianna I didn't have to move everything and thought he needs to learn not to touch. After James broke a few things everything was moved out of reach!
HA! Abby is little Miss Persistant!! :) Seriously tho....the best baby stage ever!! I love when they start to crawl and walk....so fun when they are mobile!! :)
Post a Comment