Friday, September 9, 2011

Abigail is 8 Months Old

Happy 8 Months, my sweet little Abigail. I can't believe it's going faster than I ever could have imagined. I wish I could freeze time, even for just a month. Is that too much to ask for? :)
You are still a great baby. I am so afraid to say that each month in fears I may jinx it. But, you're very easy-going. You just go with whatever we want to do and you don't complain too much. Unless we decide to do something during one of your nap times. Then you are not always happy about that. But you're really good at falling asleep when we got on any freeway, at any given time. Sometimes, too good.
You are one lively, little baby girl. Full of giggles, smiles and a pinch of spunk. Yesterday, you tried TWELVE times to stick your fingers in my electrical outlets. And I pulled you away and told you, "no...no...Abigail..." ELEVEN of those times. And you just laughed at me.
You are VERY determined. And you now imitate people. Or should I say, your sister's whine and cry. You think this is really funny. She does NOT find this funny. We kinda do. But, I really don't need TWO whining kids in my backseat. So, it would be great if you could just not do that anymore.
You have turned into a speed crawler within a week. One minute I put you down, and the next you're trying to play Spider Man up my walls in the hallway. You are SUPER ticklish. You LOVE your solids and have even mastered to eat tofu, kraft singles (cheese) and love steamed veggies. But, you leave your green beans on your tray. Which is funny to me, because that was the 1st pureed food you gagged at and literally threw it up.

Happy 8 Months, to our bundle of fun. To the baby that put the smile on my face, in the midst of a chaotic day. To the baby that fills the house with a little a lot more noise. But, it's music to my ears. To the baby with chubby little knees, squishy cheeks, rose bud lips, and is SO very kissable. To my 8 month old that doesn't quite fit into sister's baby clothes because you've got Miguel genes. To my sweet baby girl, that makes my heart skip a beat. That has taught me some more about motherhood and some more about life. To my sweet baby girl that loves being held by Mama and watches very closely if I leave a room. To my sweet baby girl that brightens each day. I love you SO very much!
Happy 8 Months, Abigail Reese.

2 comments:

Lindz said...

Love these pics....she is a doll! :)

Craig and Angela said...

Those pictures are so great! Love the colors! They match your blog perfect!