Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day


Today is Earth Day, as many of you know! And I have been "greening" our house with solar panels, an underground irrigation system that stores rainfall for our grass, installing "green" flooring, carpet, re-painting and I've gone to hand-washing our clothes so we can save electricity from our washer and dryer. Ha! Just kidding. Can you tell I've been watching too much of the Green Earth channel?? I love that show. That would be pretty awesome to convert everything in our homes to "green." Except the hand-washing clothes part... But, it's just not all that realistic, unless you're building your own home from scratch. Which, we all know isn't all that realistic either. :)
So, I truly have been trying to go green. Remember my post from a year ago today? I stated I was a "shade of green." And, I've gotten better. I have made SEVERAL life changes that are green. Little things such as recycling ANYTHING that can be recyled. No BPA plastics. Light bulbs. Reusable grocery bags (thanks to Trader Joe's). And if we do get plastic grocery bags, we recycle or reuse them. I have gone completely green on our cleaning products. Laundry detergent. Dishwasher soap. Ella's bath soap, shampoo and lotion. Our lotion. Organic sheets. And about 75% of our diet is organic foods. Heck, Ella even has plates, forks and spoons that are made from 100% corn! How do they do it?! So, I've made several changes around here, thanks to my WONDERFUL Gorgeously Green book! I love that book and highly recommend it!
Well, Happy Earth Day and start making your life changes... it's really simple!

No comments: