It didn't seem to bother Ella much. She entertained herself half way there by making faces in her mirror. Here's one of them. She thought it was funny to chew her Goldfish and then look at it. Such a lady.

And here's the thermometer on our car. ICE!

Chains were required, even for 4-wheel drive cars. Luckily we bought them on our way. It snowed SO much and we had very little visibility driving up the mountain. It was SO scary.

Ella finally fell asleep the last 45 minutes up the mountain. Funny how it always works that way.

On Saturday we all went sledding (everyone except me. I was too busy taking pictures). The kids had SO much fun and even Ella liked the snow! She wanted to crawl all around in it, but her boots weren't water proof. :( So, I couldn't let her. And she wasn't too happy with me for that.

Daddy duty while Mommy takes pictures of everyone.

And here's my favorite picture of the weekend. My Bubba giving me kisses. Ahhh.... how I love it!

It was such a fun way to celebrate my 30th Birthday! And now we're wiped out!
So, good night!



3 comments:
Wow, you guys are brave for that drive! I'd be freaking out too but looks like you had a couple good days. Ella looks so cute bundled up in her cute jacket!
I was laughing at your promises as you went up the mountain...I am the same way in the snow!! We have been wanting to go up to Big Bear for a while now, but I just haven't been excited about braving that snowy drive!! Glad you guys made it home safe...and looks like you had a great weekend! Ella looks adorable!! =)
Love the pics. Looks like you had a great time. Those pics look like my drive to work at times during the winter in Colorado. UGH!!! Happy Birthday again..... Ella looked so cute all bundled up.
Post a Comment