Friday, June 13, 2008

Sleeping So Peacefully



Tonight while I was putting away Ella's clean clothes, she was sleeping so sound in her crib. I stared at her for the longest time and was remembering back, only a couple months ago, to when she was so tiny, laying in that crib. And as I stared at her...it brought back SO many memories. The times I'd swaddle her up, lay her on her side, roll up a blanket and put it behind her back and kiss her good night. I remember how she'd get so mad because she wanted her thumb SO bad, but just wasn't coordinated enough to bring her thumb to her mouth. I remember those many days it took for her to get used to her crib (and me getting used to the idea of not having her in our room inside that tiny little cradle). And as I stood there staring at her, I just can't believe that here she is, this big baby, that's not a newborn anymore. She's this baby, who's almost 5 months old, with big cheeks, rolly thighs (which I adore), chubby knees, dimply elbows and less hair than she's ever had. :) And she loves her crib. :) And she actually gets excited when I put her down at night to go to bed. She's just all grown up! jk But really, it made me so sad because she really is getting so big. And I knew it all this time, but it really hit me tonight as I was staring at her sleeping so peacefully....

No comments: