Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Abigail Turns NINE Months

 Nine months old. Wow. This can't possibly go any faster. And, as much as I love watching her grow, it kills me that it's all happening SO fast!

Nine months old has always been my favorite age. For so many reasons. And, now that she's here and actually in that "stage," I remember why I LOVE it SO much!!  Nine months old is SO fun! I love that she has her own personality. Personality, you ask? Sugar and spice and everything nice (and some naughty)      She is FULL of personality. She is a happy-go-lucky baby and very easy going. She will smile at just about anyone. With the exception of some men. I still haven't figured out what scares her about some men and what makes her smile at others. But, when a man (that's scary to her) is near, WATCH OUT. She will cry SO hard and NOTHING will calm her down. She will cling onto my neck, hair, clothes, whatever she can grab on to and just bawl! True story- we actually went out to dinner with my sister and the girls one evening and our waiter was a man and she was so deathly afraid of him that he had to get a waitress to take over our table! (LOL)! It was really sad, but funny in a (mean) way. Haha! :) 

 She's into everything. However, I did give these tupperware items for her to play with. But, I can just tell... it's only a matter of time before she figures out how to open cupboards. I'm so in for it. 
 Here (above), is the perfect example of HER! I never had to worry about these things with Ella. If I said, "no, no," once to Ella, that was it. She never did it again. But, Abigail... "no," is funny to her. So, I have to roll up a magazine and smack it on my hand to get her to stop. Yup. Like a dog. Next will come a shock collar. 

 Bath time. This girl LOVES bath time. The second she hears the water running. It's go time. And this kid can crawl at light speed. 
 She finally found the book basket. And, I love that. Ella used to sit for long periods of time and just "read," and look through ALL the books. Abigail loves getting books out. And she'll look at a few. But I must say, she's more interested in eating them than she is reading them.
 On the go. Always. Everywhere. Anytime. All. Day. Long. She loves exploring the house. Every bedroom. Every light switch. Every electrical outlet (finally had to buy covers). Every drawer. Every single thing with a button. She has even mastered opening and closing the DVD player. And that's always when I'm not in that room, for the whole whopping 10 seconds it takes her to find it and do it. Crazy little monkey.
This baby girl, I love so much. She is full of spunk. Nana says it's, "Payback time." She just laughs because everything I tell her about Abigail, she says, "Yup....that's everything you did." She keeps me on my toes, has me re-applying my deodorant every hour, has me pouring a glass of wine around 6:30pm and at times, wishing I would have invested in a doggy crate. She is SO sweet though and you can see it in her face. She loves to cuddle. She loves to just lay with me for a good 15 minutes after her bottle is gone (which I love because Ella would have never done that). She loves to be held. But also loves to be put down to go explore. She is still sleeping 12 hours at night and taking 2 naps a day. She loves her purple blankie and her elephant that plays a lullaby. She loves her own crib. She loves going on walks in her stroller and LOVES going on them in her baby carrier even more. She loves sucking her thumb more now that Ella has been in school and her schedule is thrown off a bit a couple days a week. She is a different baby when Ella is in school. More quiet, more relaxed and more mellow. Hey, I'm not complaining. She still hasn't mastered, "Mama," yet, but says, "Dada," "baba," and "bay," (at every baby). She LOVES babies. Baby dolls and real babies. Loves, loves, loves them. She's clapping, pulling herself up and always looks at me if she's in doubt about something.
She had her 9 month appointment and was as healthy as can be! She weighed 19 pounds and was 27", putting her in the 50th percentile for both. She got part of her flu shot and cried for about 45 seconds and then was over it. She did good. :)
Happy 9 Months, my littlest lovey. I love you SO much!

2 comments:

Lindz said...

Happy 9 months!! :) That is my favorite baby stage too!!

Craig and Angela said...

Wow, where is the time going! I can't believe she is 9 months! She sounds like how boys are! That is funny about the "men" thing! Brianna was the same way. We kinda thought hers was men with facial hair! That is too funny you actually had to ask for another server!