I was absolutely horrible at using my camera this year. :( Very sad. So...here's what we did get...
Christmas Eve started out as another busy day. In the morning, we headed down to Newport to exchange gifts with Jeff's parents. And Ella got to play with her cousin, Rees. It was such a beautiful day, too! All of it went perfectly! Oh wait.... until it was time for church and ALL nursery and kid classrooms were closed! So, we did the best we could. We had Jordyn, Tyler and Ella all sitting with us in one row. And as most of you know, Ella gets SUPER excited around Jordyn & Tyler. So, she was already a bit hyper once she saw them. Needless to say, we made it through the Christmas Eve service. I had to take Ella out twice and remind her that "we use our quiet voices in church." She would look at me, open her eyes really big and say, "Okay, Mama." Yeah right. 10 minutes later in church, she would start yelling, "YAY!!!" So embarrassing. But I guess I wasn't the only one that had their kids with them. I just felt like the ONLY one. It was making me sweat.
So, church is done and it's off to Nana & Papa's for their Christmas Eve party!
Christmas Eve started out as another busy day. In the morning, we headed down to Newport to exchange gifts with Jeff's parents. And Ella got to play with her cousin, Rees. It was such a beautiful day, too! All of it went perfectly! Oh wait.... until it was time for church and ALL nursery and kid classrooms were closed! So, we did the best we could. We had Jordyn, Tyler and Ella all sitting with us in one row. And as most of you know, Ella gets SUPER excited around Jordyn & Tyler. So, she was already a bit hyper once she saw them. Needless to say, we made it through the Christmas Eve service. I had to take Ella out twice and remind her that "we use our quiet voices in church." She would look at me, open her eyes really big and say, "Okay, Mama." Yeah right. 10 minutes later in church, she would start yelling, "YAY!!!" So embarrassing. But I guess I wasn't the only one that had their kids with them. I just felt like the ONLY one. It was making me sweat.
So, church is done and it's off to Nana & Papa's for their Christmas Eve party!
A little story time to gather all the kids in one room for their next big surprise...
Santa Claus made his appearance and brought each kid a special toy on Christmas Eve!
Oh yes, Ella was terrified, AGAIN. And he was outside and never came inside. She still didn't like the idea that Santa Claus was within 15 ft. from her.
After he left a present for her and called her name out, she looked at me SO excited and said, "Santa got snacks!" Remember....all Ella asked for was "snacks." Mommy- "Ella, you don't want toys from Santa?" Ella- "No, snacks. Tinkerbell snacks!" Mommy- "Are you sure you don't want clothes or shoes.... or a Tinkerbell toy... or a bike... or books... or something??" Ella- "No! Snacks! Santa Claus bring me snacks!":) Only Ella.
Well, the special Christmas Eve present was a Doodle. Not snacks. Santa saved those for Ella's stocking! And he made sure he FILLED the stocking with LOTS of fruitsnacks! :)
Ella did love her Doodle though! And it was a great night! All the kids had matching jammies on (and there were LOTS of kids)! And of course, I didn't get a picture. :( I'm sure someone did though... Ella got her jammies on and went straight to bed at Nana's. Mommy and Daddy enjoyed the rest of the night with family and friends. Then we all went home around 11:00pm and got tucked in and waited for Santa to arrive........



1 comment:
Ella is SO funny with Santa!! That is hilarious!! I am sure next year she will be so excited to see him! And how cute that she only wanted fruit snacks from Santa!! LOL!
Post a Comment