Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ella is 3 months old


Wow...seriously...was that really 3 months already?! My goodness, how time flies. That had to have been the fastest 3 months of my life! Sure wish pregnancy went that fast. :)
So, miss Ella is 3 months old today. And as you all have seen...she's growing SO fast! She is the happiest baby and so mellow. She smiles and laughs now and it's by far, the best sound. It's music to my ears. I love her little laugh. She rolled over for the first time as I posted a couple weeks ago. And I don't think it'll be long before she's rolling from her back to her tummy! She can get on her side and kick her one leg over, but that's as far as she goes. And that's because she's trying to get her thumb (which she is also very good at). No more pacifiers. She gave those up on her own. :) She prefers her thumb way more over a pacifier. Which is good. Yes, some people disagree. But I think it's so much easier that she's fully capable of popping that thumb in her mouth when she's fussy. Much easier than searching for that pacifier that fell in her infant seat, or that got lost in her crib. And she's going to go to the orthodontist either way, so thumb sucking won't make is less of a possibility. I sucked my thumb until I was about 10..just kidding. Maybe like 6 years old. But I loved it!
So, Ella is still on a great schedule and sleeps 12 hours a night and lets mommy sleep in until around 7:45/8:00! So, I'm lovin' that. We'll see how much she weighs at her 4 month doctor's appointment. But my guess is....A LOT! She's a big baby girl, but that makes me feel comfortable knowing she's getting the nutrients her body needs. Geez...can't wait to see what happens when she starts her rice cereal and solids next month!
Yesterday was Earth Day! Did any of you make new lifestyle choices? :) I'm kidding. My mom teases me because I've become somewhat of a green mommy now. Well, a shade of green. Hey, I'm just trying to make this place a better place for our little ones! And reduce the exposure of harmful toxins and chemicals to my little Ella. Go green! :) jk
Thanks for checking in and seeing our updates! Love you all!

No comments: