Ella made sure she scoped out her sister's basket first and then moved onto her own. Well, after she took a good handful of Abigail's goldfish the Easter Bunny left her.
Since we somewhat lagged as parents the day before...or.... since we let our kids play ALL day and all night the day before, we were having way too much fun to stop and realize all the things we didn't do! Like ummmm... coloring Easter eggs! Now, I am being honest right now because I had a big talk with Ella today about honesty. And, always being honest. But don't think the thought didn't cross my mind of posting these and time stamping them the day before Easter. I mean, I totally could've just acted like we really did color eggs the day before Easter. Like everyone else in the world. Anyway....
She didn't know the difference! She had fun and that's all that matters. :)
Easter afternoon was spent at Grandma & Grandpa's with the cousins. It consisted of swimming, BBQ'ing, lots of food and family! A great day.
And of course, the girls had their Easter egg hunt in the morning. Abigail was more interested in the outdoor lights and the flowers. And Ella made sure she stashed her basket with every single egg that was hidden or scattered all over the grass.
But, without us even saying anything, she quickly filled her sister's basket. That-a-girl, Ella. You sweet girl you...always making us proud.
Mommy's favorite part of the day.... when they closed those tired eyes and I hoarded their baskets and made my own secret stash! It's funny how quickly they forget about the Cadburry Eggs the bunny left for them... or the Hershey's bunnies... or the Milky Ways... or the Sweet Tarts....
Thanks girls. I've been thoroughly enjoying it all during your naps.
I'm teasing, I'm teasing.... I love you girlies!! SO much!! So much I don't want your own teeth to rot.




No comments:
Post a Comment