Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

A few days before Christmas, we took the girls to see Santa (Abigail's FIRST time!!) and to tell him what was on their list. It was about 10 minutes of bribing Ella (again) this year. She hid behind me and everyone tried talking her into going up there. Thank GOODNESS there wasn't anyone behind us. And, Abigail sat in my arms waving and saying, "Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!" to him from a distance. So, I thought she would have no issues with Santa.
Well, I was wrong. OH wait...did I just say that?
Ella told Santa she wanted "A princess book and a reindeer stuffed animal." So cute. Abigail was just more irked that I put her in his lap and walked away. Classic, isn't it?
Christmas Eve was a lot different this year. We celebrated Christmas with Jeff's family on December 18th, so we didn't go down there on Christmas Eve. And, this was the first year my parents didn't have their house of 25 years. :( So, they didn't have their annual (and by annual, I mean....every single year, since we've been living there!) Christmas Eve party with ALL of our friends and family. It was kinda sad. :( Actually, really sad. I miss tradition and I miss that house. However, this year started a new tradition (maybe)! We all went to the Christmas Eve service at church at 3:30 and after that, everyone (and by everyone, I mean... my parents, Lindsay & her kids and Mema). Not too many. A few more were invited but couldn't make it. Hopefully next year! ;) We just hung out and had lots of appetizers while the kids played and watched The Polar Express. It was a mellow Christmas Eve and I think we all really enjoyed ourselves. 
Here are the cousins, on Christmas Eve, in their matching jammies (Abigail was in bed by 6:45pm that night...so she missed out on the picture. Sad). :(

This picture was taken while Ella was putting on her performance for everyone. Not really a performance, but she was definitely being center of attention, making EVERYONE laugh!!  She was tired and delirious and needed to go TO BED! 
Here she is putting cookies and milk out for Santa.
I woke up at 2:30am because I was very thirsty. And, look! Santa already had come! I'm very lucky I didn't walk out when Santa was out there!!
Christmas morning, 2011. The girls were in the hallway, waiting to come out. I had Jeff put on a cozy fire and Christmas music for us. 
Soooooo excited to see if Santa brought her her reindeer stuffed animal!!!!
She loooooooves some Disney movies!!
What did you get, miss Abigail?
Olivia undies?!!  Thanks, Santa!!!
Gerber puffs?! YAY!!  Just what Abby wanted!!
My two favorite girls, on Christmas morning. Oh how I love them....


Santa brought them a bounce house, too!!! They were soooooo excited!!!
Not too sure of what to do...
Silly girl with the static hair!
Sweet thang, you...
Check out that hair.....!!!!  :)
(above) My most favorite Christmas present I received. This was made, just for Mommy & Daddy, by Ella. Our first handmade Christmas gift. I love it!
(below) Here are the cousins, in pecking order, on Christmas night. Love these kiddos!!
Our little family, on Christmas night. Wow, ain't I just one lucky gal.
And yes, Santa brought her exactly what she asked for!!  He must have not been watching during those few nasty tantrums we had in the month of December. 
I'm not sure how Christmas time flies by SO fast each year, but it seems to get faster and faster. I will be decorating the 2nd weekend in November this year!!! :)
I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!  Here's to a WONDERFUL 2012, filled with lots of love, peace, happiness, laughter, health and blessings.


2 comments:

Lindz said...

Love the cousins in matching jammies!! Your house looks so pretty at Christmas time! And LOVED your Christmas card pic!! :)

Craig and Angela said...

Yay for Ella with a smile for Santa! Awe, now poor Abby is the crying one! I love Ella's face in the picture where she saw Santa came!