Eleven months with Abigail...
As I sit here (and pretend that this was written a month ago) and think about my little baby girl growing up, SO, fast, it makes me so happy that I'm here to witness such a beautiful thing. And I'm so thankful that she's growing each month and is happy and healthy. But, at the same time, part of me feels a bit of bittersweetness because, at the same time, I get sad to think of how fast it all has gone and just how fast it's all going to go...
Am I really ordering cupcakes and her smash cake? Ordering her red pettiskirt for her BIG day? Making her birthday invitations? Making her FIRST Birthday banner??? Really???
Last year, at this time, I was nesting and making our house sparkle. I was doing newborn laundry and folding tiny little clothes and carefully placing, each tiny little outfit, in each drawer. I was washing baby blankets and cradle sheets. I was walking the hallways and peeking into the nursery EVERY time I walked by, getting SO excited that we would soon have a baby living in there. I would hold my tummy as that crazy little baby tried to poke its hand through the skin of my belly. I'd lay awake, each night (due to pregnancy insomnia), and wonder just who that little baby was inside my belly. (even though I just "KNEW" it was a girl). :) I'd thank God that He had blessed us with another little baby. I was so anxious and eager to get to my due date, but not as much as I was with Ella's pregnancy. This pregnancy had already gone too quickly and I knew just how fast things would go, once baby was actually here.
And now, here we are, with one month to go before her BIG First Birthday... And there's something about this month that I'm holding onto for dear life. It may be just the fact that I have so much Christmas shopping to do, or the fact that there's a 1st birthday party on top of that, or maybe it's just the fact that my baby girl is 11 months old and not "ONE," yet. I will be saying, she's 11 months and 29 days old.... :)
My Abigail just keeps getting more and more fun, with each month. I can't stand it. I could squeeze her to bits and pieces, if it didn't hurt her. She's a little piece of Heaven on Earth and I'm one lucky mama to call her "mine," Here's to holding on to the last month, my Abigail Reese!! We love you! Happy 11 Months!!
Abigail's Favorite Things:
purple blankie
her elephant
her bottle
her mama. dada. sister. (as she says, "sisser")
jakey boy
cheese
bananas
mama's meatloaf
rock-a-bye-baby (with her Papa)
speed crawling
tearing apart my bathroom cabinet
her First Words book
yogurt bites
peek-a-boo
the dishwasher
water bottles
sleep time
puppies
monkeys
walks in her stroller
dancing (especially to Justin Bieber's "Baby" song)
elmo
giving kisses
giving "loves"
snuggling with mama (sigh....)
playing with dada
bathtime







1 comment:
She is so stinking cute!! I can't believe how fast the time goes!! I remember a year ago when you were freaking out about having a Christmas baby!!! Wow...that feels like just yesterday!!! :)
Post a Comment