Monday, July 11, 2011

4th of July {2011}

 4th of July is always such a big day for us. It's an annual tradition (since we moved into our wonderful neighborhood) to join in on the block party. We look forward to it every year and we love that our friends and family look forward to it, just as much as we do!
 I love decorating for parties. And especially this holiday because it's so summery fun! 
 Little Miss Abigail's FIRST 4th of July! Of course, she was napping for half of it. :) But, mommy did let her stay up past her bedtime to watch the fireworks. :) And, she did love them!
 Cash & Ella. Little buddies and they'll be starting preschool together this fall!!
 The Annual Saratoga Parade! I love how the kids get SO excited for the parade and decorate their bikes/scooters/wagons/etc! It's so cute. (And little Abby was napping during this. So... next year, miss Abby).
 Ella riding her scooter this year- like a big girl. :( She's growing up too fast. The past 2 years, I toted her around in her red wagon.
 Okay, this surprised me more than anything. I had to see it in order to believe it. Yes, that starfish looking child FLYING (fast) down this WATER slide....that would be my scaredy-cat of a child. The same child that is scared of my parent's bat stuffed animal (that was their cats)! Yes.... I don't get it. But, whatever. She did it and I was one. proud. mama!! Go Ella!!
 Abby enjoying some time with her Nana and "Grandma." They can't get enough of her. :) Are they fighting over her here????


 Mise & Pop, always enjoy our 4th of July parties. :)
 Ella loved the sparklers!!!! Sheesh...this girl is growing up! I think last year she was hiding under her covers during the fireworks.

We had a great day, as always! Happy 4th of July (even though I'm a month behind). Oops.

1 comment:

Lindz said...

You guys have such a fun neighborhood!!! :)