Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This Mother's Day, I am not only blessed to be the mommy of two beautiful, healthy & sweet girls. I am so blessed to be the mommy of Ella Grace & Abby Reese. My girls. And this Mother's Day I sat back and took A LOT in. Yes, that's usually an every day occasion. But, this Mother's Day, I really just sat back and watched them both for a long time. And for each minute that passed by, I thanked God that he blessed me with these two girls. And that I get to call them, "mine."
These sweet moments, surprisingly, happen quite often. I notice they usually happen when I'm not sitting right there with them. Which, to me, makes it even that much more special. Because they're more "real," that way. It's Ella being a big sister and Abby being the little sister. And I get to be the mommy, sit back, smile and take it all in. It's this thing we call, motherhood. 
I love these girls more than I could ever explain. I love them more with each passing day. And I can tell that, they too, love me more with each passing day. Oh, what a wonderful thing. 
I love the way that Ella mimics me, as a mommy. She watches every. little. thing. I do. And very closely. So, I best be careful. :) And she acts out all of those things with Abby (and with her own doll). And when I hear Ella saying, "Oh... poor baby... she has "goosebuns," she must be cold. Poor little thing." Or, "Oh... look at her smile...that makes me so happy." Or, "It's okay Abby, big sister is here for you." All of those things make me smile because she is repeating the things I say. And hearing them come from her mouth, reassures me that, I have done well. :) We won't talk about the times I hear her put her dolls in her room, shut the door, cracks the door back open and says, "You better not get up, I am NOT happy with your decisions you've made!" and then slams the door. Oops. 
But it's these little moments that I must grab my camera and capture them. I always want to have these, forever and ever. I have taught her well. She's falling into my paparazzi footsteps. :)

Do I even need a caption here? I think not. The picture says a hundred words itself.
And no, she did not know I was taking pictures. They melt my heart.

Mother's Day 2011
Ella & Abby, thank you my lovies, for being the best gifts I have ever received. Thank you for teaching me each day. Thank you for helping me to appreciate the little things even that much more . Thank you for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for the morning hugs, the afternoon cuddles and the night time butterfly kisses. Thank you for the giggles and the belly laughs. For the skinned knees that I get to kiss and "make all better." Thank you for the drool that soaks my shoulder every day. Thank you for the coloring pages that I get to decorate my magnet board with. Thank you for the picking little yellow flowers just for me. Thank you for reminding me to stop and smell the roses. Thank you for keeping me busy, day in & day out. Thank you for the little hands that fit oh-so-perfectly in the palm of mine. Thank you for letting me kiss your tiny little feet and for letting me squeeze your rolly thighs. Thank you for letting me love on you ALL. DAY. LONG. Thank you for teaching me all about this thing we call, Motherhood. 
I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I love you girls. And thank you, for making me a mommy.

2 comments:

Craig and Angela said...

So sweet! Ella is going to be such a good big sister!!

Lindz said...

What a sweet post....makes me want to go kiss my kids! :) I love the pics of the girls together....you can already tell that they are going to be best friends! And little Miss Ella is gonna be a great Mommy!