Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Visit to Santa!

Well, I'm so glad to make a post about a successful Santa visit!! Woohoo!! It all started last night when I told her we were going to see Santa today, so she better hurry and go to sleep. I honestly thought she would be so excited about it since she's been talking up a storm about seeing Santa and telling him that she wants a Snow White doll! But, apparently, I was mistaken. After I closed her bedroom door last night, I heard her hysterically crying in her room. So, I went back in there to see if she was okay and she told me, "I do NOT want to see Santa!" So, just to take her mind off of it, I just said, "Okay..." and kissed her good night. Well, the crying lasted another 20 minutes. So, this morning the only way to get her agree to even GET IN the car to GO SEE Santa, was to tell her she could wear a "fancy dress." Well, that solved everything. This girl fights me every day to wear a dress! She LOVES to be "fancy!" :)
When we finally got to the mall, we started to walk towards the line and she freaked out, put on her breaks and tried to pull away from me. Then the crying began. As all the moms were staring at us, I had to whisper in her ear a little bribery. I know, I know... I'm not supposed to bribe, but I really just wanted her to see that Santa IS NOT scary! :) So, I told her if she just took a quick picture with him, I'd get her a special treat. She agreed and stood in line.
Here she is trying to peek around the corner to see if she could see the big, scary man in the red suit. :)
Waiting patiently in line to see Santa.
All fancy in her "fancy dress," and her "Snow White headband." :)
Finally, it was our turn and they told us to come on it. Ella put her breaks on and tried to bolt it the opposite way. I was holding her arm so she wouldn't run away. I reminded her to just tell Santa what it was she wanted for Christmas, so he would know. And, to take a quick picture and that's that! Oh....and I would get her a cookie. :) Oops. Whatever, it worked! She was about 10 feet from Santa and said, REALLY fast, "Iwantasnowwhitedoll." So, I told her she needed to sit on his lap and tell him so he could hear her. And....she did!!! And she sat there and answered his questions, too! She told him her name, her age and that she had been a good girl. Oh and again, that she really wanted a Snow White doll. :) We snapped a few pictures and off to Mrs. Field's we went! :) So proud of her. She literally faced one of her biggest nightmares! LOL!
*Ella & Santa Claus {2010}*

1 comment:

Lindz said...

YAY!! So proud of her! First of all, she looks SO ADORABLE in her "fancy" dress!! Wait until I show Zoe her outfit....she will be calling Ella to borrow it! :) And second, bribery is the greatest invention ever...I love that a cookie did the trick for her! So so cute!