Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MiLeStOnEs

Abby had a few milestones in the past few days!
Yesterday, I went to get her up from her nap and found her like this! On her tummy, sound asleep! I normally put her down on her side for her naps, so.... I'm wondering if I should count this as a "Rolling Milestone." ?? :) However, the hardest part for them IS getting from their side to their tummy! And sometimes I put her down on her back and I've seen her get to her side. AND, I watched, in shock, last week as she tried SO hard to get from her back to tummy when she was under her gym mat. She'll get on her side and lift her head super high and whip her outside leg around to try and get over. But, I've never actually witnessed it. SO, this one's up in the air. I consider it a "back to tummy roll." Would you??
And oops, looks like this one downloaded sideways and I'm not about to go back and delete and re-upload. Nope, it's 10:30pm and I need to go to bed. :) So, tweek your head to the right and bare with me. :)
Little Miss Abby slept in her crib last night! Another milestone, in my book. :) She has taken all her naps in her crib since day 1, but at night, she slept in a pack n play in our room. Well, since she's been sleeping through the night for over a week now, I thought it was time... :( And, not to mention, it was time I started sleeping better without waking up to every grunt, sniff, snort, toot, burp, etc. BUUUUUUUT... I kinda defeated the purpose last night since I turned the monitor up SO loud that I could literally hear her breathing. Ya know... just taking every precaution. :)
Oh and yes! This is what I walked into at 8:00am! A smiling, happy baby girl!
And no, this isn't a milestone. But about 30 minutes prior to this picture, I got to hear Abby's first giggle! Yes, not even 2 months and she's a happy, laughing baby! I will try to get it on video, but you know how that goes. They never do anything you want them to when you're taping them. Oh and I'll post it if I find some way to mute myself out as I'm trying to get her to laugh. Because... well.... it's enough to make anyone want to vomit. Yup. I do lots of goo-goo-ga-ga talk. Abby LOVES it. Jeff stares at me with a areyoufrickin'kiddingme look on his face. So, I might spare you guys and not post a video.

2 comments:

Lindz said...

Aww...she's getting so big so fast! You are so lucky to have such a good sleeper....ALREADY! Seriously, I am jealous! :)

Craig and Angela said...

Wow, sleeping through the night already!! That is great! I would consider it rolling over!!