Sunday, January 24, 2010

HaPpY 2Nd BiRtHdAy!

As if she needed to grow up a little bit more..... she went and did it again. She's TWO! I have been telling her to SLOW DOWN, but she just isn't listening. She's TWO, she's SWEET, she's FUNNY, she's CRAZY, she's one SMART COOKIE! And I can't forget, she's full of SUGAR and SPICE! The spice is kickin' in the last couple weeks. Toddlers...gotta love 'em!Ella was woken up (at 8:40am...TWO going on FIFTEEN) by her little neighbor friend, Aaron. He came over to wish her a Happy Birthday and brought her her FIRST flower from a boy! Both of them were so excited! Yes...even though this picture doesn't show too much excitement on Ella's part. She was. Maybe she's just a bit embarrassed here. :)
I let Ella choose what she wanted for breakfast today. That's was brave of me... "Happy Cake" could have easily been her answer. But, it wasn't. It was "PANCAKES!"
Here's the Birthday Girl eating her pancakes. And of course, "Flower is watching me eat!" :)
We had a Baby Shower/Luncheon for Aunt Jenay, too. So, we got to have an early Birthday celebration at The Cannery. Here Ella is with her Great Grandma.
She took a nice long nap (which was MUCH needed). Daddy was at the academy all day, so we waited for him to get home to have a Birthday Dinner. All Ella wanted to do for her Birthday was, "I wanna eat with cousins!" So, we met Auntie, Uncle, Jordyn and Tyler at TGIFridays (ugh).


It's near impossible to get a picture of these two looking AT the camera!

Jordyn & Ella. *Notice- Jordyn "knocked out" her two front teeth. She actually knocked one out last week and PULLED the other out at dinner!

All the waiters/waitresses came over to sing Happy Birthday (in a Zipp-a-dee-doo-da way) and Ella was NOT having it! Did I mention she's TWO and SO SHY? She doesn't want the spot light on her.
They brought over her ice cream and immediately, she frowned and pushed it away!

Still not too sure about them singing to her. She was SO MAD! LOL!

And yes....we now have tears. And I'm SO glad it's on video, too!




HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY TO OUR SWEET ELLA GRACEY GIRL!
WE LOVE YOU!!

5 comments:

Lindz said...

Looks like she had a great birthday!! Her hair is s cute and curly and is getting so long! I swear that Zoe's hair has had a growth stunt!! Anyway, her hair looks ADORABLE in the pic of her eating a cupcake!! And that is too funny that she got mad when they were singing Happy Birthday to her!! LOL!

Kristy said...

That's funny you say that because I was just telling my family that Ella's hair iS NOT growing! I can't believe she's TWO and still has full on "baby hair!" And yes, the curls make it appear shorter, but even when it's wet, it's still really short! :(

Craig and Angela said...

Happy Birthday Ella! Looks like she had a great day! And when they get to grown up for you, you are supposed to have another! :)

Kristy said...

Can I just borrow Jake?? :)

Lindz said...

No her hair doesn't look short AT ALL!! It looks so full and long...I love it! Zoe's can't even fit in a ponytail...ugh!!